One of the best-loved poultry animals in the world is chicken. The love for so many chicken dishes out there is enormous and people cannot do without it. From the crispy fried chicken corners to delicious chicken curries, it is good to notice the variations this animal has brought into the food cycle. No event is complete without a bite of this tasty bird. Therefore, some of the daily content mainly focuses on the nutritional value of chicken and its various recipes. Depending on what you eat and how you cook, the calorie intake significantly changes!
However, on average, chicken is free from sugars and is a healthy protein. Keeping aside red meat and beef, chicken is the only animal protein that is highly consumed all over the world. Therefore, are you ready to hear some interesting facts about chickens?
Noticeable facts about chicken foods!
Chickens are reared in large poultry farms over a period of two to three months before they are brought to the market. Thinking about this small tasty bird, some of the most interesting facts about chicken foods are as follows:
- The biological name of the chicken s Gallus Gallus Domesticius. This is mainly a sub-species of the original fowl, which was reared in traditional times.
- Chicken as meat and its popularity can be traced back to 600 BC in Babylonia. People at that time did not have any idea of agricultural means and thus, used this animal to feed themselves.
- The recipe for roasted chicken is as old as tradition. Normally, hunters used to roast this animal over the fire and feed themselves.
- On a recent survey, it has been concluded that there is more chicken present than humans. This is quite scary, isn’t it?
- The most favorite fried chicken recipe is said to have originated by the world-famous Kentucky Fried chicken. Earlier, various chains started the recipe but failed at its taste.
- The National Fried Chicken day is celebrated on 6th July!
- The most famous American Food Chain, Popeye’s Chicken is named from the real character in The French Connection, Popeye Doyle.
- A person who fears from chicken is said to suffer from Alektorophobia!
What chicken recipe do you love to eat?
Chicken dishes are so popular that their recipes have widely circulated and increased. The best chicken recipe one knows is the butter chicken. Apart from that, chicken recipes vary from region to region and all of them taste good. Thus, which recipe are you trying today?